Saturday, February 24, 2018


Take A Word... MOON

This week over at Take A Word Challenge, the word was Moon. I've been contemplating for days, and finally it hit me.. " Blue Moon of Kentucky", by Bill Monroe.
I wasn't born in Kentucky, but both Mom and Dad's family extend to western Kentucky, and as well, I married the most delightful man who's family came from Kentucky also. I'm pretty much alone now, so many Kentuckian's that I hold so dear to my heart are gone now.
Here are the heartfelt inspiring lyrics....

" I said, Blue Moon of Kentucky , Keep on a- Shinin" Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue."

This moving song was sung and recorded by so many accomplished singers like; Patsy Cline, Elvis Presley and of course, the legendary Bill Monroe.
God rest the sweet souls that  the Kentucky Moon shines on even tonight:  Chole, Eli, Ezra, Ezra Arkley, Otha, Eutha, Opal, and my dear and precious father, Henry Liscol and so, so  many more loved ones that  lie beneath that illuminating "Blue Moon of Kentucky". God Bless and rest their sweet souls.

3 comments:

Ozstuff said...

Thanks for reminding me of the song "Blue Moon of Kentucky". I may live 12,000 miles away in Western Australia but I know the song and now it's in my head and won't go away.
Your moon art is beautiful (and colorful). Nice job.

Meggymay said...

That is a lovely song you used for inspiration. The journal spread looks fantastic.

Linda said...

Great illustrations.

Sunday Postcard Challenge "Sewing"

SUNDAY POSTCARD ART   has offered up another fun challenge, Sewing/Dress form . 4x6 postcard, vintage pattern background, vintage photos, an...